The “Blood Ties” game, is oriented to people who likes supernatural things. Vicky Nelson - our protagonist – is an ex-cop turned private investigator for whom life never seems to get less demanding. More than once she has found herself involved in a love triangle that won’t die, and supernatural forces that can’t be destroyed. Ever since Vicky partnered with Henry Fitzroy, a 450 year-old vampire, the pair has investigated cases involving everything from zombies and ghosts to psychics and demons. And now, a new mystery has emerged. Fourteen people have recently gone missing, and it’s up to Vicky to solve the case.
The game itself, basically consists on looking and picking items from different locations, following a list provided by the game. You have to look the scenes very carefully, trying to find the items on the list. When you see an item, just click on it to update the list.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and then you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
-Profile: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound volume, ambient volume, music volume and full screen.
- Credits: to see related information.
- About the show: to read an introduction to the game and its characters.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
Once you are playing, you can press the PAUSE button to stop the clock, the MAP button to go see the mission’s map, and the OPTIONS button to see the options menu commented earlier.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows XP, Vista;
• 1GHz processor;
• 512 Mb RAM;
• Hard Drive Space: 50 MB
• Video card compatible with DirectX 8.0 and 32MB video memory;
• DirectX 8.0
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the instructions
- Affordable price
- Nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network not supported